Organized by site, this book covers in detail all the sites and cancer types currently treated by radiation oncologists. Detailed questions, organized in a "flash-card" format are included on the natural history, epidemiology, diagnosis, staging, treatment options, and treatment-related side effects for each cancer type allow the reader to thoroughly assess his or her knowledge of the field. The discussion of the questions includes key literature citations reinforcing the reader's knowledge of critical studies and guidelines in the field.
Written in joint collaboration by residents and staff radiation oncologists at the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, the book contains more than 900 questions addressing the full gamut of the science and practice of radiation oncology today.
Radiation Oncology Self-Assessment Guide Features:
- return to top -
- Comprehensive coverage of radiation oncology
- Flash-card" format facilitates recall of key data, treatment assessment and patient management, and important original studies
- Organized by the major subject areas in radiation oncology, the question sets feature structured questions and nswers designed to test recall and sharpen skills
- Authors are from the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
1. Head and Neck Cancers, 2. Central Nervous System, 3. Breast Cancers, 4. Lung Cancer, 5. Gastrointestinal Cancers, 6. Genitourinary Cancers, 7. Gynecologic Cancers, 8. Lymphomas, 9. Pediatric Cancers- return to top -
About the Author
John Suh, MDJohn Suh, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio