Available in both DVD and downloadable software formats, Pediatric EEG is the first fully interactive tool to simulate an actual pediatric EEG lab reading session. Pediatric EEG: An Interactive Reading Session teaches pediatric EEG interpretation to neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology fellows, neurologists, and neurodiagnostic technologists using 100 EEG cases, over 150 high-quality EEGs, and a scored self-testing module with case-based questions, answers, and explanations to help users assess reading skills.
A wide variety of examples are presented to illustrate the most important aspects of pediatric EEG, including ontogeny of waveforms, key features of all pediatric epilepsy syndromes, various seizure types, common abnormalities, metabolic syndromes, altered mental status, infantile spasms, and more. Teaching points in the cases are emphasized throughout, making this the perfect tool for clinical self-assessment and board preparation.
Features Unique to this Program Include:
- Interactivity: An easy-to-use interface with on-screen "hotspots" allowing the user to identify abnormalities and key EEG features with the author's expert guidance
- Comprehensive Coverage: 100 cases provide an in-depth review of EEG interpretation in pediatric neurology
- Versatility: Users can view cases randomly to simulate an EEG lab session or by topic (selecting for age, syndrome, or seizure type), or use the keyword index to home in on more specific case criteria
- Self-assessment: Quiz with scoring to measure interpretive skill acquisition
- Audio Commentary: Amplifies and enhances the visual and text presentation
- This activity has been approved for 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Pediatric EEG: An Interactive Reading Session is the only publication that simulates real-life laboratory conditions, while providing questions, answers and expert analysis and discussion of a broad range of cases, to help users gain proficiency in the art of EEG diagnosis and interpretation.
The American Clinical Neurophysiology Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Available for both Windows and Macintosh
The DVD edition of this program cannot be returned if the shrink-wrap packaging is opened. Defective items may be exchanged within 30 days of purchase. Please check the system requirements below to determine if this program (in either DVD or downloadable software formats) will work on your computer.
Hardware Minimum Specifications- return to top -
Processor: 500 MHz Pentium III or Equivalent
Operating System: Windows 98, 2000, XP, NT, Macintosh OS 10
Memory:256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
Speakers: Multimedia speakers or headphones
Web Browser PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 3+
Web Browser MAC: Apple Safari 3+
Plug-in: Macromedia Flash 8 and above
Internet Access: 128 Kbps Internet connection or higher
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768