A Doody's Core Title 2012
The only book dedicated to the PM&R Boards, widely used by residents, updated throughout, and with over 500 illustrations, the second edition of the bestselling Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review is a must have for residents preparing for the ABPMR board exams, for practicing physiatrists preparing for recertification, and for PM&R instructors helping physicians to prepare for the boards. Developed in the residency training program in the department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the JFK Johnson Rehab Institute, UMDNJ and the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, this concisely organized text concentrates on board-related concepts in the field of rehabilitation medicine. Topics covered include PM&R, orthopaedic, neurologic, and general medical information.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review, 2nd Edition
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition is essential reading for residents preparing for Part I and Part II of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Certification as well as practicing physiatrists preparing for recertification.- return to top -
- Uses Board "pearls to highlights key concepts and stress clinical and board eligible aspects of the topic - making it easy to find and organize important information
- Models the table of contents after the topic selection of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR) Self-Directed Medical Knowledge Program used by residents nationwide to prepare for the Self-Assessment Examination (SAE), helping residents, PGY 2,3,4, in yearly preparation and carry-over from SAE preparation to Board Exam preparation.
- Divides topics into major subspecialty areas, each authored by physicians with special interest and clinical expertise in their respective areas and reviewed again by senior specialists in PM&R who specialize in these topics.
- Employs an outline format for easy accessibility
- Organizes information by topic for easy reference
- Includes over 500 illustrations to clarify concepts
- Provides updated epidemiologic and statistical data throughout
- Contains a new section on biostatistics in physical medicine & rehabilitation
ReviewsPraise for the First Edition
... there is no other comparable text in PM&R. The key resource for facts needed to pass boards and useful for those in clinical practice for day to day use as well...- Doody's Reviews
"I congratulate the editors and authors for coming up with such incredible and concise work...I think that this book is a must for all residents undergoing training in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation." - Saudi Medical Journal
""Over the years many residents have confronted the problem of what to study for the boards...This elegant volume will finally fulfill this critical void"" - From the foreword by Ernest W. Johnson, M.D.- return to top -